Apply To Havergal
Our deadline for Day Applications for entry in September 2019 was November 30, 2018. Due to the volume of applications we are unable to consider any received at this time. Applications that are received will be moved forward for consideration for entry in September 2020.
Please note: We are continuing to accept applications for our Boarding School for entry in September 2019.
How to Apply for September 2019
We are delighted that you are considering Havergal for your daughter and the Admission team is here to help make the process a positive and supportive one. Our aim is for every family to receive all of the information they need to make a good decision for their daughter. The girls who apply to Havergal will have opportunities to express themselves in a variety of settings. We want to ensure that each applicant has an opportunity to be heard in a setting that is comfortable for them, as well as allow them to stretch themselves in areas that may not be as comfortable. Our role is to ensure that at each stage, applicants know we are looking for what would make them successful at Havergal.
The admission process consists of three steps, which are outlined in detail below. It is important to note that the assessment process is different at each entry level. Assessments are specifically geared to the age and stage of development of the girls applying.
* For detailed information about specific requirements for admission, please select your daughter’s grade of interest from the menu.
The three steps to apply are:
- Complete the Online Application
- Personal tour and interview
- Complete the assessment
- Applicants for Grades 8 through 11 must complete an online interview prior to their personal interview.
- Due to limited space available at non-entry levels (Grades 5, 6, 8, 10 & 11 Day), selected candidates will be contacted after the assessment date for Grades 5 & 6 and once SSAT results are received for students applying for Grades 8, 10 & 11.
Havergal does not offer an ESL program. In order for students to be successful at Havergal, they must be able to demonstrate fluency in both oral and written communication. Applicants applying to Grades 4 through 11 whose first language is not English may be required to complete an English proficiency test. Testing is grade-specific and details can be found under each grade’s application page.
Looking to visit Havergal prior to applying? Please see our Visit Us section to learn about our Open Houses and our Junior School Coffee & Conversation events.