Clubs & Activities
Designed to meet the interests of every student, a wide range of clubs and activities enrich the Havergal program. They offer students a chance to develop a new interest or share a passion with others. Girls often enjoy the cross-grade interactions that are part of co-curricular clubs and activities as well as the unique interaction with faculty and staff who keenly support these student-focused activities. Some clubs even offer students the chance to compete on a local and global stage.
Junior School Clubs & Activities
Starting in Grade 1, students can choose from more than 30 different co-curricular clubs and activities throughout the year. In addition to those offered through Athletics and the Arts, there are clubs that appeal to all girls. The list below provides a sampling of the range of experiences available in the Junior School.
- Creative, Challenge and General Interest Clubs: Art/Crafts, Caribou Math, Carpentry, Chess, Comedy Club, Environment Team, Journalism, Karaoke, Mindbenders, Outdoor Adventure, Zodiactors
- Sport and Movement: Ballet Club, Performing Dancers Club, Tennis Club, Ballet Club, Ultimate Frisbee Club
- Publications: Kneesocks
Middle & Senior School Clubs, Activities & Initiatives
The breadth of co-curricular programs offered in the Upper School are as diverse as are the students’ interests. Some clubs have been part of Havergal for decades and others are new introductions. Middle and Senior School students are welcome to start new clubs based on their particular interests. The list below provides a sampling of the range of experiences available in the Upper School, in addition of co-curriculars offered through the Athletics and the Arts programs.
- Creative, Challenge & General Interest Clubs: Anime, Art, Big Sister/Little Sister, Cancer Education Group, Climbing, Coding, Finances for Life, Games, Guitar Collective/Jazz Improv, Harry Potter, Latin, Mandarin, Math, Philosophy, Photography, Pre-Med, Science, Sewing, Students Act Now.
- Competitive Clubs: Debating, Developing Excellence Celebrating Achievement (DECA), Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), Model United Nations, Robotics.
- Publications: Behind the Ivy (student newspaper), GatorZone (Athletics newsletter), Ludemus (yearbook).
- Initiatives: Book Club, HCTV, Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA), TED Ed.
As a member of the Coalition of Single Sex Schools of Toronto (COSSOT), our students have many opportunities to interact beyond the classroom and with other member schools in organized co-ed opportunities in academics, athletics, the Arts and community partnerships.