Teaching at Havergal
Havergal’s passionate and talented faculty share a common dedication to teaching, a nurturing approach and a love of children. Our teachers understand the developmental needs of girls and work closely with individual students, attending to their interests, abilities and goals. All faculty are actively involved in the school’s co-curricular program as coaches, club leaders, advisors and mentors. They bring to the program a rich diversity of experience, training and talent. Our teachers are committed to on-going learning and curriculum development, as well as participation and leadership in a number of professional associations.
Our teachers are skilled in their practice, dedicated and nurturing; they are passionate about their roles in education and in guiding young women.
Benefits of Teaching at Havergal
- Outstanding students
- A culture that honours the contribution of the individual
- Small student to faculty ratio
- Extensive time each day for preparation, collaboration and professional growth
- Provision of delicious lunches and snacks daily
- Exemplary professional learning community
- Supportive resources including an individual laptop (Mac)
- Leadership and research opportunities
- World-class professional development
- A Four-Over-Five leave program
- Competitive salary
- Postgraduate degree allowance
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- Excellent health and dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Generous holidays including two weeks at March Break and mid-term breaks
For current teaching opportunities, please visit our Careers page.