The students in residence are divided into “families” comprised of girls from Grades 9 through 12. A Residence Don and several Junior Dons lead each family under the direction of the Head of Boarding. Families plan special meals, outings and celebrations together.
Each Don is responsible for a “family.” Within the family, the Don acts as the “parent” for the year. Dons are the liaison between students, parents, the Day School and the Head of Boarding. Havergal wants your transition into Boarding to be as smooth as possible, so please feel free to approach the Dons with any questions or concerns that may arise. They can be reached at in the Boarding School Office at 416.383.3843 ext. 6522, on the Boarding cell phone at 416.936.1858 or by email at email@example.com.
- Head of Boarding
- Senior Residence Don, Weekend Don, Residence Dons
- Wellness Centre Staff (Nurses)
There are many leadership opportunities for students both within the school and Boarding community, including these elected positions:
- Boarder Captain/Prefect (Grade 12 Boarder): The Boarder Captain is a Prefect and leads the Junior Don team
- Junior Dons (Grade 11 or Grade 12 Boarders): Junior Dons serve as leaders within their families and plan and organize Boarding events and activities
- Grade Representatives: Grade Reps represent one’s grade on the Boarder Council and plan grade events and activities throughout the year
Head of Boarding
As Head of Boarding, Ms. Stewart oversees Student Life and Operations in the Boarding School and collaborates with the Strategic Academic Leadership Team on student and parent engagement in the school community. She has worked in the non-profit field for the past 15 years and brings to Havergal extensive experience in residential settings including working for Outward Bound in various roles and as Program Director at Educo Canada. In each role, Ms. Stewart has been engaged in supporting and encouraging youth to discover her/his potential. Ms. Stewart has a General Arts Diploma from Camosun College in Victoria and a Masters of Arts in Leadership from Royal Roads University.
For information about Havergal’s Boarding School, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the admission process, please email email@example.com.