Grades 9 to 12: A Global Community of Learning and Friendship
Havergal College’s Boarding School provides unique experiences filled with opportunities for you to learn, grow and make friends that last a lifetime. Boarding life at Havergal is full of cultural richness and diversity-you will make international connections with other boarders, day girls and exchange students. Havergal will quickly be your second home-warm, supportive and fun!
Boarders and their parents will tell you that the friendships and connections students form at Havergal are life-long. They will also highlight the tremendous academic advantages of being able to live and attend school at Havergal. Boarders will be fully engaged in our student body. Boarders and day students get to know one another during orientation and through their shared school days, and by participating in school events, weekly assemblies, teams, clubs and other school activities.
At Havergal, we offer something to interest every girl including:
- Expansive music, arts and athletics programs, and sports teams
- Multitude of clubs, council and committee positions
- Leadership opportunities within the Boarder community and within the school
- Community service opportunities
- Weekly program of events and activities developed exclusively for Boarders
- Social activities such as movie nights, in town and out of town excursions
- Variety of extracurricular activities and excursions, including the Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards Program
- Educational programs and time management courses
Havergal has been welcoming Boarding students (Grades 9 to 12) into our community since 1894. While they come from approximately 20 different countries, Havergal Boarders share many qualities: an enthusiasm for acquiring an excellent education, an openness to experience new situations and adventures, and an aptitude for hard work and good fun.
Video Tour of Havergal
To learn what Boarding at Havergal is like, click here as students take you on a tour of the school in eight different languages: English, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese.