Grounds Crew – Summer Student
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our faculty and staff in a ‘Summer Student’ capacity.
The Grounds Crew Summer Student will assist in maintaining the grounds of Havergal’s 22-acre property. The main responsibilities of this Summer Student position include:
- Grass cutting.
- Flower bed maintenance.
- Litter clean-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Summer Student is required to work from June 21, 2021 to August 27, 2021 (end date is flexible), inclusive Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. Applicants should be aware that Fridays in July and August may be shortened to half days if schedules permit. Upon request, may be required to work alternate weekends to water annual flower beds (overtime will apply). The Summer Student will be paid on an hourly basis for hours worked.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- University/college student.
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds).
- Knowledge of grounds keeping equipment is an asset.
- Knowledge of safe handling of power equipment.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license is an asset.
Applications must be received by Friday, June 18, 2021 and should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org.