Executive Assistant to the Principal
We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our Faculty and Staff as the Executive Assistant to the Principal. This is a full-time position.
Founded in 1894 and located on a beautiful 22-acre campus in midtown Toronto, Canada, Havergal College is one of Canada’s pre-eminent independent schools for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. At the forefront of women’s education for over 125 years, Havergal is grounded in the principles of a liberal arts education and prepares young women to make a difference. Through our outstanding curricular and co-curricular programs, we nurture a culture of capability that fosters self-confidence, leadership, critical thinking, inquiry-based learning and teamwork within our students.
Guided by the College’s Vision, Mission and Values, the Executive Assistant works to provide professional and administrative support to the School Principal.
- Manage the all the administrative functions of the Principal’s office, ensuring effective coordination and exemplary first point of contact service for inquiries.
- Manage the Principal’s calendar, including appointments and travel requirements.
- Plan, coordinate and assist with establishing meetings.
- Work closely and effectively with the Principal to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Principal, with key stakeholders as required.
- Record and disseminate meeting minutes in a timely manner, with attention paid to timely file maintenance.
- Book rooms, equipment, travel and accommodation as per the Principal’s commitments and ensure relevant documents are collated for onsite and offsite meetings.
- Draft reports, presentations and proposals for the Principal.
- Organize and oversee functions hosted by the Principal.
- Manage the minutes for the Board of Governors, respective committees and the Foundation, ensuring record-keeping, filings and minute-books are complete and current.
- Develop and implement process documents/information for the Board as requested.
- File annual Notice of Intent to Operate a School in accordance with the Ministry of Education requirements as requested.
- Assist in identifying needs, mapping out the school year meeting agendas and track outstanding materials for the Board meetings as required.
- Assist the School Principal in ensuring that the annual declarations are current and prepare conflict of interest reports as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Post-secondary education.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as an Executive Administration Support.
- Previous experience in Board administration and minute management and record keeping.
- Previous experience in education an asset.
- Advanced computer literacy skills, including electronic communication strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates proactive and personal initiative, adaptability and time management skills.
- Able to multi-task and set priorities with acute attention to detail.
- Able to operate with discretion, respect, trust and discernment, while also managing confidentiality.
- Experience managing a budget with multiple deadlines.
- Strong project management and administrative skills.
We offer competitive compensation and generous support for professional, educational and leadership development.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 17, 2021.
We appreciate all applications, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Havergal College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6605 or by email at email@example.com.