Day School Office Coordinator
We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our Faculty and Staff as the Day School Office Coordinator. This is a full-time position.
Founded in 1894 and located on a beautiful 22-acre campus in midtown Toronto, Canada, Havergal College is one of Canada’s pre-eminent independent schools for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. At the forefront of women’s education for over 125 years, Havergal is grounded in the principles of a liberal arts education and prepares young women to make a difference. Through our outstanding curricular and co-curricular programs, we nurture a culture of capability that fosters self-confidence, leadership, critical thinking, inquiry-based learning and teamwork within our students.
Reporting to the Director of Administration, the Day School Office Coordinator is responsible for ensuring daily operations within the Day School Office (DSO) are running efficiently. This position will support whole school activities and projects, ensuring it offers the best service to faculty, staff, students and parents.
- Track and follow up on student attendance records and class attendance for every block; monitor student sign-in and sign-out; track and input student absences, late arrival and early dismissals in the Day School Office.
- Ensure faculty complete their class attendance in a timely manner every period.
- Resolve any discrepancies in daily student attendance records by monitoring the Unexcused Absences and Lates and Late Arrivals queries throughout the day.
- Produce student attendance reports as requested.
- Assist with the coordination of evacuation drills.
- Assign faculty duties such as door duty, morning screening, lunch duty and dismissal duty.
- Back-to-school duties such as assigning and maintaining accurate student locker records.
- Ensure all data relevant to teaching such as room allocations, teaching blocks and timing are accurately reflected on School systems, i.e. Veracross.
- Support the administration of tests and exams, working with various data sets to pull relevant reports to organize and track information. This requires working with multiple departments and corresponding specific needs as they relate to the College.
- Event support such as Graduation, Parent Teacher Conferences, etc.
- Manage communication from faculty, staff, students and parents; redirect as required and follow-up as necessary.
- Prepare and manage daily announcements.
- Maintain and keep up-to-date information and notices on the bulletin boards in the staff room and outside the Day School Office.
- Organize, supply and provide on-call coverage for classes for ‘planned’ and ‘unplanned’ teacher absences in coordination with HR reporting processes on a needs basis.
- Support the Junior School when required to track and follow up on student attendance records.
- Assist with pandemic or emergency response with daily data collection of screening, results, absenteeism for students and exporting reports.
- Assist with the coordination of pandemic response templates, including the instruction manual and training in coordination with HR, College Leadership and the Health Centre.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Post-Secondary Education.
- Minimum of five years administrative support experience.
- Strong technical skills and ability in Microsoft and Google.
- Experience in the use of online databases in education and asset.
- Fluent in data management and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with delivering multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Able to deal directly with facility end-users and interpret requests.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to provide excellent service.
- Committed to continuous professional development.
We offer competitive compensation and generous support for professional, educational and leadership development.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 17, 2021.
We appreciate all applications, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Havergal College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6605 or by email at email@example.com.