After School Care Supervisor/Teaching Assistant
We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join the Junior School as an After School Care Supervisor/Teaching Assistant. This is a full-time, Fixed-term Contract position from January to June, 2021.
Founded in 1894 and located on a beautiful 22-acre campus in midtown Toronto, Canada, Havergal College is one of Canada’s pre-eminent independent school for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. At the forefront of woman’s education for over 125 years, Havergal is grounded in the principles of a liberal arts education and prepares young woman to make a difference. Through our outstanding curricular and co-curricular programs, we nurture a culture of capability that fosters self-confidence, leadership, critical thinking, inquiry-based learning and teamwork within our students.
This position provides an opportunity to gain experience in the classroom, be mentored by outstanding faculty, participate in ongoing professional development, and oversee the running of the Junior School’s After School Care program (“Gatorcare”). The successful candidate will provide classroom support for students in JK to Grade 6, as well as supply coverage for faculty. As an experienced caregiver you will also supervise and support students in the after-care program, by organizing and leading developmentally appropriate and engaging activities.
- Work with teachers to support students individually and in small groups;
- Provide coverage for teachers and supervise students during recess and lunch;
- Participate and contribute to relevant professional development sessions;
- Oversee the management of the Junior School After Care Program;
- Provide enriching and engaging before and after care programming;
- Contribute and maintain a safe and nurturing environment;
- Maintain accurate records for billing;
- Hours may vary: 10 am to 6 pm or 8 am to 4 pm.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor of Education (required);
- Member of the Ontario College of Teachers;
- Experience working with students from age 4 to 12;
- Professional, organized, approachable, positive, flexible, creative, dependable;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
We offer competitive compensation, including participation in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, where applicable and generous support for professional, educational and leadership development.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest to Apply To Education no later than January 29, 2021.
We appreciate all applications, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Havergal College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6605 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.