Supply Teachers for JK-Grade 6 & Grades 7-12
Closing Date: February 01, 2022
Job Term: Part Time
We are seeking individuals who are aligned with our core values and reflect our core competencies to join our Junior School and Upper School as Supply Teachers. This is a part-time, fixed-term contract position from January 24 to June 15, 2022.
At Havergal College, we believe that great schools are made up of great people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates with a diverse range of experiences and perspectives, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applicants who are inspired by our mission to prepare young women to make a difference and to take on an ever-changing world with confidence, resilience and global-mindedness.
- Implements lesson plans, as provided by the homeroom or specialist teacher, ensuring the integrity of the programs is maintained and takes place within the allotted time frame.
- Demonstrates effective classroom management.
- Understands and follows relevant school procedures (e.g., attendance, supervision) including emergency procedures.
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Completes a Supply Teacher Report Form.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Relevant university qualifications (e.g. Bachelor of Education plus undergraduate degree in subject specialization).
- Certification from the Ontario College of Teachers and be a member in ‘Good Standing.’
- Non-practicum teaching experience is an asset.
- A comprehensive understanding of current Ministry of Ontario curriculum in the teacher’s area of specialization.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- Well-developed classroom management skills.
- The ability to take direction and to be open to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to the Core Competencies of:
- Inclusive Excellence
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Integrity & Trust
- Learning Agility
- Growth Mindset
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest to Apply To Education no later than February 1, 2022.
Havergal College thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Havergal College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6526 or by email at [email protected].
Founded in 1894 and located on a beautiful 22-acre campus in midtown Toronto, Canada, Havergal College is one of Canada’s pre-eminent independent school for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. At the forefront of woman’s education for over 125 years, Havergal is grounded in the principles of a liberal arts education and prepares young woman to make a difference. Through our outstanding curricular and cocurricular programs, we nurture a culture of capability that fosters self-confidence, leadership, critical thinking, inquiry-based learning and teamwork within our students.