Manager, Annual & Leadership Giving
Closing Date: July 08, 2022
Job Term: Full Time
We are seeking an individual who is aligned with our core values and reflects our core competencies to join our Advancement team as the Manager, Annual and Leadership Giving. This is a Full-time position.
Founded in 1894 and located on a beautiful 22-acre campus in midtown Toronto, Canada, Havergal College is one of Canada’s pre-eminent independent schools for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. At the forefront of women’s education for over 125 years, Havergal offers a contemporary liberal arts education and is rooted in the Anglican tradition. Havergal’s mission is to prepare young women to make a difference. Through our outstanding academic and cocurricular programs, we nurture a culture of capability that fosters self-confidence, leadership, critical thinking and global-mindedness within our students.
At Havergal College, we believe that great schools are made up of great people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates with a diverse range of experiences and perspectives, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) peoples, and persons with disabilities. We welcome applicants who are inspired by our mission to prepare young women to make a difference and to take on an ever-changing world with confidence, resilience and global-mindedness.
The Manager, Annual and Leadership Giving will focus on building and growing an annual, full cycle fundraising program for the Annual Fund including Leadership Annual Giving, covering a gift range of up to $24,999. The fundraising plan will include goals, strategies, metrics and programming that aim to build and engage our broader stakeholder base. This role will also work to ensure effective stewardship of Annual Fund donors, through recognition of gifts and the delivery of any necessary reports and communications, such as pledge reminders and stewardship reports, to appropriate constituents. In consultation with the Executive Director (ED), Advancement, the Manager, Annual and Leadership Giving will also identify key priorities of the school and ensure that these are promoted effectively within the scope of the work. The Manager, Annual and Leadership Giving will identify, cultivate, and steward meaningful relationships with established and potential donors, seeking and securing gifts for the Annual Fund, as well as identifying potential major and planned giving prospects through a combination of direct mail, email and digital solicitations, face to face asks and other relationship-building activities that promote the purpose of annual fund support for the school.
- In consultation with the ED, Advancement and in consideration of the fundraising goals for the School, establish and work towards qualitative and quantitative goals for the annual giving program including leadership annual giving for gifts up to $24,999.
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics to achieve Annual Fund goals including quantitative goals.
- Identify relevant annual and ongoing school priorities that are appropriate for annual fund giving.
- In consultation with Communications & Marketing and the Fundraising team, manage and deliver on a calendar/schedule of multidimensional appeals that leverages a variety of media with a focus on digital engagement.
- Explore and execute on opportunities to profile the impact of the annual fund including profiles of donors and programs.
- Develop strategies and tactics that support face-to-face asks where relevant and possible to be conducted by the incumbent, other team members, school leadership, volunteers and others.
- Develop and utilize metrics and data to create and execute a dynamic, comprehensive annual and leadership giving program.
- Develop strategic, innovative communications and calls to action that would involve the support and leadership of the Principal, ED, Advancement, volunteers and others.
- Manage Annual Fund volunteer organization including recruitment, management and training.
- Analyze results of the fund by tracking results and progress from year to year and generate reports and statistics for monthly review and discussion and action.
- Make recommendations for ways to enhance and improve upon quantitative results and take responsibility for executing them.
- Contribute content to school publications and social media as appropriate, in support of a culture of philanthropy, including the drafting and coordination of annual fund solicitation and acknowledgement and thank you notes, donor and alumni profiles, beneficiary stories, etc.
- Engage faculty and administration staff in initiatives to encourage community and stakeholder involvement and participation.
- Work collaboratively with other key members of the advancement team to develop and manage a comprehensive recognition and stewardship plan for all donors.
- Coordinate the gift entry and acknowledgement process to ensure timely recognition of gifts.
- Working with Communications & Marketing to develop the annual Impact Report.
- Prepare annual stewardship and endowment reports for annual donors reports in collaboration with other members of the advancement team.
- Update digital donor wall content as it pertains to annual donors.
- Plan and execute annual donor recognition reception and organize donor tours.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Post-secondary education.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in a development-related role in an educational, not for profit and/or healthcare and hospital environment.
- Strong proficiency using fundraising/donor databases and/or relationship management software.
- Previous experience in managing volunteers.
- Excellent ability to work and collaborate with multiple stakeholders of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Previous experience in successfully managing an annual campaign.
- Knowledge of fundraising ethics, best practices, and respect for donor confidentiality.
- Strong resource and relationship management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Demonstrated ability and commitment to the Core & Leadership Competencies of:
- Inclusive Excellence
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Integrity & Trust
- Learning Agility
- Growth Mindset
- Coach & Develop Others
- Managerial Courage
- Champion Change & Innovation
- Purpose Alignment & Results
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest to HC Careers no later than July 8, 2022.
Havergal College thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Havergal College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6526 or by email at [email protected].