Closing Date: October 26, 2021
Job Term: Full Time
We are seeking an individual who is aligned with our core values and reflects our core competencies to join our faculty and staff as an Endpoint Administrator. This is a full-time position.
The Endpoint Administrator oversees all of the College’s managed endpoints and licensed software and corresponding support and maintenance agreements. This includes but is not limited to computer equipment used by faculty and staff in their respective roles; classroom devices; audio/visual equipment used in classroom, meeting rooms, and throughout the College; and College-managed mobile devices.
In addition, the Endpoint Administrator also supports system and network administrator duties under the direction of the Assistant Manager, Technical Operations. The Endpoint Administrator might be occasionally required to work outside of regular business hours to assist with maintenance and upgrades.
- Develop, document and manage processes to standardize, monitor and maintain the College’s endpoints.
- Implement identity and access management policies and procedures related to the College’s endpoints.
- Ensure that College-managed endpoints and software licenses are fully and accurately inventoried.
- Manage all renewals of licensing, subscriptions, support and maintenance agreements.
- Manage and maintain the College’s managed mobile devices and data plans.
- Assists with budget forecasting and endpoint refresh planning.
- Manage the purchasing process for the College-managed endpoints and all accessories required to support and maintain them.
- Assist Level 1 Technical Operations with support and maintenance of the College’s IT infrastructure.
- Works with other departments (e.g. Food Services, Security, Facilities) to support and document connecting devices to the College’s network and systems, using best practices.
- Provide Service Desk coverage as needed to cover planned and unplanned absences.
Special Projects, Professional Development & Other Duties
- Takes independent initiative to evaluate new technologies.
- Keeps well informed on current technologies and practices, through training sessions, online or printed materials or hands-on experimentation.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years of relevant experience in Information Technology. Additional years of relevant experience and certifications will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience supporting Mac and/or Microsoft Windows in a large environment.
- Experience with various endpoint security and management solutions (e.g. JAMF, SCCM, InTune, McAfee, etc.)
- Experience creating and documenting IT processes and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving skills; excellent time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills; the ability to work well as a team member in a multi-professional environment; attention to detail; and the ability to work with minimal supervision and to act on one’s own initiative.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet strict deadlines; the ability to work effectively with a wide range of faculty, staff and students; the ability to deal with a high volume of client and vendor demands.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest to [email protected] no later than October 26, 2021.
Havergal College thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Havergal College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6526 or by email at [email protected].
Founded in 1894 and located on a beautiful 22-acre campus in midtown Toronto, Canada, Havergal College is one of Canada’s pre-eminent independent school for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. At the forefront of woman’s education for over 125 years, Havergal is grounded in the principles of a liberal arts education and prepares young woman to make a difference. Through our outstanding curricular and cocurricular programs, we nurture a culture of capability that fosters self-confidence, leadership, critical thinking, inquiry-based learning and teamwork within our students.