Grades 3 & 4
Birth Year: Grade 3: 2012; Grade 4: 2011
2020 Intake: Grade 3: 4 to 6 students; Grade 4: 8 to 10 students
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
Prior to November 1, 2019 – $200 CAD
After November 1, 2019 – $250 CAD
Application Deadline: Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Once you begin an online application, you will receive a unique username and password. The login information will be important to have through the process. When applying online, please make sure you are using Google Chrome as your internet browser.
For the online admission application process, families will need to complete the following:
- Family Information Section
- Application fee
- Student Questionnaire
- Parent Questionnaire
- Send Confidential School Report to current school
- Upload a recent photo (passport or school portrait)
- Upload applicant’s birth certificate
- Upload final June 2017-18 school report (PDF)
- Upload final June 2018-19 school report (PDF)
- Submit all report cards received for current 2019-20 school year (PDF)
- For all applicants whose first language is not English, TOEFL Primary test scores must be submitted with your application (see Step 2: Assessment below)
- To avoid timeout errors when completing the application, we recommend that you save your responses in a Word document and cut-and-paste them into the online form.
- When uploading forms, please ensure they are PDF copies.
Already started your application or are a current Havergal family? Log in to the Admission Portal below to complete your application.
Send Me Information
Step 2: Assessment
Grade 3 and 4 applicants are invited to an assessment that consists of a written assessment which evaluates their literacy and numeracy skills. There is also a collaborative activity component, which is designed to allow the girls’ critical thinking skills and character development to be highlighted. The girls are encouraged to wear comfortable clothes which will allow them to move freely as they work with their Havergal team on a group project.
Please note: For students applying to Grade 4, if English is not the applicant’s first language, they must write the TOEFL Junior test (the Standard Test in paper-delivered format). Scores must be submitted with their application. Interviews and assessments will be granted to students who score sufficiently on this English proficiency test. TOEFL Junior can be taken at any TOEFL test centre. Because of age restrictions, applicants who are under 11 years of age cannot sign up for the TOEFL Junior assessment online. Please feel free to connect with a test centre that is convenient for you. Havergal has worked with Edubridge Education Services in the past. Their website is www.edubca.com. Please note that Havergal does not endorse any specific test centre and does not recommend or endorse any agents.
Step 3: Tour & Interview
Once we receive your completed application, all applicants are contacted to schedule a personal tour and interview. The interview is designed to allow us to get to know you and your daughter as well as provide an opportunity for you to ask questions about the Havergal difference. Applicants who are overseas will be invited to participate in a Skype interview. Tours in the Junior School are led by a current Havergal parent or a student ambassador.
Step 4: Admission Decision
All admission decisions will be emailed to families on February 21, 2020.