The Havergal Difference
Families seek a Havergal education for their daughters because they seek excellence. We are committed to excellence in our outstanding curricular and co-curricular programs. Havergal’s longstanding and cherished reputation is one of academic challenge and intellectual rigour. Our students expand their minds and souls in our rich and challenging environment where leadership is expected and where a passion for doing good in the world is nurtured.
Havergal represents both possibility and opportunity. Our graduates flourish in a supportive and energetic community where high expectations for achievement and leadership allow each to achieve her potential. Exceptional facilities enhance challenging programs led by committed teachers who are supported with extensive resources and professional development opportunities. Our diverse community of Old Girls, members of the Board of Governors, parents, friends, students and staff participate in upholding our traditions and school values while shaping our future directions.
As a parent, the choice to send your daughter to Havergal represents your belief in her future—a future of fulfilment through achievement, responsibility and leadership.
As a student, the decision to attend Havergal represents a choice to flourish in a community that nurtures academic excellence while offering opportunities to create friendships that can last a lifetime.
The Havergal College Boarding School (Grades 9 to 12) provides a unique experience filled with opportunities to learn and grow. The mission of the Boarding School is to promote the physical growth, emotional development and academic achievement of each student in the Boarding School community. To learn more about the Boarding School, click here.
- Longstanding reputation and tradition of academic excellence
- Committed teachers and staff
- Teaching methods that reflect contemporary understanding of how girls learn
- Enriched curriculum
- Class sizes that allow personalized attention
- Dedication to leading-edge education through extensive professional development
- Philosophy of viewing change as opportunity
- Progressive attitude towards the role of women in society
- School-wide program of engaging in the world through local and international partnerships
- Commitment to student leadership and leadership development at all grade levels
- High percentage of participation in advanced math and science courses
- Emphasis on spoken and written expression
- Outstanding music and arts program
- Wide range of co-curricular activities and opportunities
- Extensive library and technology resources
If you have more questions about the admissions process or wish to arrange a tour, please call the Admissions Office at 416.482.7547 for inquiries regarding JK to Grade 6. For questions regarding grades 7-12, call us at 416-482-4724. Our email is admissions @havergal.on.ca.